Despina Vandi | Paparizou Forum - International Fan Community
Helena Paparizou - Etsi & Etsi
Image Map

Despina Vandi

A place for fans of particular singers and musicians to share informative posts and constructive reviews.

Re: Despina Vandi

Postby SurvivorFan » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:11 pm

SurvivorFan
Spamarizou
Spamarizou
One Life (2014)
-

Postby Karoliina » Thu May 30, 2013 8:51 pm

Despoina's Allaksa is maybe the best Greek album last year. I had to buy it right away when it was published and here's some summary of how I would rate the songs found from the album:

1. Το νησί***** this is my favourite, I find it very melancholic! I know it's not supposed to be a sad song but still it makes me very emotional, even more than Katalavaino for instance.
2. Τ' αστέρι μου *****
3. Μου 'χεις περάσει ****
4. Καταλαβαίνω ***** in this I love the lyrics the most <3
5. Μου φτιάχνεις τη μέρα ***** this one is very catchy! nice contrast to the dramatic songs.
6. Λίγο ψέμα *** yes, only three but doesn't mean that I wouldn't like this! it just stays under the better songs.
7. Το λίγο σου να ζω **** Despoina can sing very well, and her large singing register can be noticed from this song.
8. Γυρίσματα *****
9. Μ' ένα αντίο ***
10. Πάλι επιστρέφω **** beautiful song,
11. Έλα κοντά *****
12. Άλλαξα ***** my favourite with To Nisi <3

well it seems that I quite like this album Image Despoina is like Elena, a singer with good voice and the capability to sing all genres that music includes.
Karoliina
Paparizouing
Paparizouing

Postby Derek » Thu May 30, 2013 9:33 pm

Overall I really liked this album too! :D
Derek
General Manager
General Manager
Vrisko to Logo na Zo (2008)
Die For You

Postby Ελένη » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:53 pm

Great album.. Image
Ελένη
Can Dance The Mambo
Can Dance The Mambo

Postby SurvivorFan » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:20 pm

will Despina release a new clip for her last single "Ela Konta"?
SurvivorFan
Spamarizou
Spamarizou
One Life (2014)
-

Postby SurvivorFan » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:13 pm

as Despina revealed recently she broke her collaboration with Pjoebus but not forever and she's in the studio preparing her new album
with Moukidis composer (he wrote lyrics to Helena's song "Oti, Niotho Den Allazi)
SurvivorFan
Spamarizou
Spamarizou
One Life (2014)
-

Postby Derek » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:45 pm

New single from upcoming album out soon (apparently with no Phoebus in it!):

Confirmed songwriters include Dimitris Kontopoulos (written for HP: De Thelo Allon Iroa, Den Allazo, Louloudia) and Giorgos Moukidis (written for HP: Pios)

This winter she will performing along with Notis Sfakianakis @ Enastron (bouzoukia/nightclub).

She also has a new fashion line out now. Do your research if you want to know more.Image Or follow her on instagram/twitter.
Derek
General Manager
General Manager
Die For You

Postby Derek » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:35 am

Congratulations to Despina for her decision to quit her collaboration with Notis Sfakianakis that was meant to premiere in early December after he publically expressed his support for the Greek neo-nazi party "Golden Dawn".
Bottom line: We need more pop/folk singers with common sense and who aren't just about "bling bling".

Well done Despina once again. I hope this was only the beggining for more Greek pop/folk singers who are fairly unpolitical to finally start speaking openly against racism, the "Golden Dawn", etc. Thankfully our Helena has already done it more than once!Image 
Derek
General Manager
General Manager
Die For You

Postby Besamiculo » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:10 am

He did? Image I had no idea, I haven't been following the news! Image
Besamiculo
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

Postby Derek » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:13 am

Besamiculo wrote:He did? Image I had no idea, I haven't been following the news! Image
It's a huge news story today that has sparked a lot of debate (and you know how we do it here in Greece...facebook is on fire).
Derek
General Manager
General Manager
Die For You

Postby TinaCZ » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:10 pm

ahhhh so this is what's been going on. thumbs up for Despina.
TinaCZ
Admin
Admin
Czech Republic
Giro Apo t' Oniro (2010)
To Fili Tis Zois

Postby javi_greek » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:06 am

Derek wrote:Congratulations to Despina for her decision to quit her collaboration with Notis Sfakianakis that was meant to premiere in early December after he publically expressed his support for the Greek neo-nazi party "Golden Dawn".
Bottom line: We need more pop/folk singers with common sense and who aren't just about "bling bling".

Well done Despina once again. I hope this was only the beggining for more Greek pop/folk singers who are fairly unpolitical to finally start speaking openly against racism, the "Golden Dawn", etc. Thankfully our Helena has already done it more than once!Image 

I couldnt agree more with you derek Image and specially, this 2 WOMEN are not afraid to go and say what the common sense says. Bravo!

what about her new song? I think it´s a good idea that she has a pause from phoivos, but I really dont want them to stop working togueter, they were my fav greek team and their songs....I think allaksa is one of my favorite albums ever so...

what a year eh, first helena with a unexpected good album ( den tha kimitheis apopse Image kai epitelous moni Image ) and now Despina and finally Anna are back...what an amazing year
javi_greek
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

Postby Derek » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:05 pm

javi_greek wrote:
Derek wrote:Congratulations to Despina for her decision to quit her collaboration with Notis Sfakianakis that was meant to premiere in early December after he publically expressed his support for the Greek neo-nazi party "Golden Dawn".

I couldnt agree more with you derek Image and specially, this 2 WOMEN are not afraid to go and say what the common sense says. Bravo!

what about her new song? I think it´s a good idea that she has a pause from phoivos, but I really dont want them to stop working togueter, they were my fav greek team and their songs....I think allaksa is one of my favorite albums ever so...

what a year eh, first helena with a unexpected good album ( den tha kimitheis apopse Image kai epitelous moni Image ) and now Despina and finally Anna are back...what an amazing year
I haven't liked anything written or produced by Fivos in months and you know how productive he is. It's like a 0 out of 5-10 songs he's written/released lately which is a very bad sum.Image  I'm glad Despina is willing to step out of her comfort zone, "Allaksa" was a dignified album and I really love the first single off the album; "Mou'his Perasi". That said it was the same old recipe, and nothing particularly new to justify the title of the album "Allaksa" (I've changed). It was a more mature album for sure but was it all that different to all her previous work? Not really. That's why I want her to stop working with Fivos for a while and I'm glad about her decision as long as it stems out of an artistic need to explore other aspects of her personality and it's not a pure marketing tool to "refresh" her image before she goes back to Fivos again to celebrate their "reunification" with a new album with the same old recipe again.

I mean Vissi reunited with Karvelas with a rather mediocre album (Agapi Ine Esy) but at least they didn't try to repeat the formula of "Kravgi", "Antidoto" or God knows what. They just did what they felt it was right at the time. They messed it up afterwards with all the juvenile or over-the-top non album singles (Tyranieme, Den Ine Psema, Ora Na Fevgo) of course but at least they were never included in a proper studio album. I really hope Anna will include Protimo and Apati in her new album btw! I prefer these tracks to the aforementioned ones, I consider them much more suitable to their history and life experiences. And "Kala Hristougenna" could be included as a bonus track.Image 
Derek
General Manager
General Manager
Die For You

Postby javi_greek » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:18 pm

I dont know anything about the last releases of phoivos, can you show them to me? I actually know him because his hits with sakis ( they are nothing special for me) and his songs with elisavet spanou from ages ago that I really liked. His songs with Despina are amazing, I loved Mou´xeis perasei...it´s always the same formula, but, I dont know how, it works. All the singles remainded of other international hits (Thelo, yparhei zoi, kommati ap´tin kardia sou, mou´xeis perasei) but they are among my fav greek songs ever.

Allaksa...yes, it was nothing new, I think they got mugged up with the concept of the album...or maybe she/he just wanted to show that sth changed inside of them...it doesnt mean the music, it means the feelings and their reflection on the lyrics. I loved girismata, me ena antio ( I still remember when I left greece with this song), katalaveno, ligo psema, pali epistrefo, TO ASTERI MOU....an amazing album, nothing new in terms of music, but that´s why I liked it I suppose because I compare it with the radio songs on that time and....even anna got lost and released those songs you said...Greek music market have lost a lot of quality since 2008, well, greek and international market in my eyes. So it was good that she didnt sell her style and released sth with quality, good production, good lyrics...good music

I like laiko songs...not all of them, I like the style and some laiko elements in some songs can make it sound good but...I really dont see this new song Image . I´m also afraid of the producers of this new album. I dont want her to fall into electro/comercial sons with nothing new at all and that I really can´t stand....but well, let´s see

javi_greek
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

Postby Derek » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:14 pm

javi_greek wrote:I dont know anything about the last releases of phoivos, can you  show them to me? I actually know him because his hits with sakis ( they are nothing special for me) and his songs with elisavet spanou from ages ago that I really liked. His songs with Despina are amazing, I loved Mou´xeis perasei...it´s always the same formula, but, I dont know how, it works. All the singles remainded of other international hits (Thelo, yparhei zoi, kommati ap´tin kardia sou, mou´xeis perasei) but they are among my fav greek songs ever.

Allaksa...yes, it was nothing new, I think they got mugged up with the concept of the album...or maybe she/he just wanted to show that sth changed inside of them...it doesnt mean the music, it means the feelings and their reflection on the lyrics. I loved girismata, me ena antio ( I still remember when I left greece with this song), katalaveno, ligo psema, pali epistrefo, TO ASTERI MOU....an amazing album, nothing new in terms of music, but that´s why I liked it I suppose because I compare it with the radio songs on that time and....even anna got lost and released those songs you said...Greek music market have lost a lot of quality since 2008, well, greek and international market in my eyes. So it was good that she didnt sell her style and released sth with quality, good production, good lyrics...good music

I like laiko songs...not all of them, I like the style and some laiko elements in some songs can make it sound good but...I really dont see this new song Image . I´m also afraid of the producers of this new album. I dont want her to fall into electro/comercial sons with nothing new at all and that I really can´t stand....but well, let´s see

Every single one of his releases are uploaded on spicy's (his record company) official youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/spicyofficial/videos

I'm curious about both Anna's and Despina's upcoming albums but if you ask me both Anna and Karvelas have reached the highest point of their career with Demones (in 1991 and 2013) and none of their studio albums will be able to come anywhere near Demones.
And to be honest I am looking forward to Elena's new album the most.
Derek
General Manager
General Manager
Die For You

Postby Derek » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:20 pm

New single out now:

Music: Dimitris Kontopoulos (you know him from his songs written for various Greek singers incl. Helena)
Lyrics: Romi Papadea (she's Demy's sister and she's written lyrics for some of Demy's songs too)
Derek
General Manager
General Manager
Die For You

Postby Stathis » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:11 pm

Very good!
Stathis
Paparizoid
Paparizoid
Ti Ora Tha Vgoume? (2013)
Baby its over

Postby SurvivorFan » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:25 pm

i love it
SurvivorFan
Spamarizou
Spamarizou
One Life (2014)
-

Postby Derek » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:35 pm

Video for new single:
Derek
General Manager
General Manager
Die For You

Postby Derek » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:45 pm

Gorgeous, stylish, lovely singing, beautiful melody, very artistic video. I f*king ADORE this Despina! In my opinion she's never been better!
Derek
General Manager
General Manager
Die For You
PreviousNext

Return to Music & Singers