Jedward | Paparizou Forum - International Fan Community
Helena Paparizou - Etsi & Etsi
Image Map

Jedward

A place for fans of particular singers and musicians to share informative posts and constructive reviews.

Re: Jedward

Postby Derek » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:36 pm

Exactly. They might get to have the final say but if all their assistants and their record company is telling them "don't go to Eurovision again next year because 3rd year in a row might have a negative effect on your image" they will probably listen and do as they suggest but publically they will just say they withdrew because they want other artists to get a chance to represent Ireland. This is all part of their marketing and that's not only the case for Jedward but for many other artists (if not all of them, too). In my opinion nothing that involves money is as innocent or spontaneous as it appears to be. Image
User avatar
Derek
General Manager
General Manager
15890
2001
Vrisko to Logo na Zo (2008)
Die For You

Re: Jedward

Postby Miranda » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:45 pm

Svenskjäveln wrote:
Miranda wrote:
Derek wrote:
Miranda wrote:I don't know what I think. On one side I want them to compete, but i can see why they don't want to. they probably want to let other artists come forward. hopefully they'll do it again in a few years Image

I doubt they have such altruistic feelings (not because it's them but because apart from artists they are products for a record company and people working around them too). They probably do it for the sake of their own reputation, as they obviously don't want to be seen as Eurovision freaks for the rest of their lives. Once "Eurovision" has sinked into your image you can hardly go further with your career internationally. Even Elena has said that on some of her interviews. When she was in UK for promotion, there were business people who told her she was silly for having done Eurovision despite her victory because Eurovision is bad stigma in UK and other big markets, and she couldn't believe it.

What I said they have said themselves actually in an interview. and no, i don't think they care if people see them as eurovision freaks or not, they have never cared what anyone else thinks about them. and they have been to eurovision twice, and their career boomed after the first one, and still going strong after the second one as their new album has topped the itunes chart in several european countries outside the UK and Ireland, and has/will be released on Itunes in USA, Australian and Japan. Their single 'Young Love' has been played on russian radio, swedish radio and even on a radio station in Singapore.

But "never cared of what other people thinks about them". Maybe they do, but now it is also promotion wise and not only personally. They might like eurovision personally but promotion wise?

I doubt that that's the reason they don't want to do it again. I stick with my first opinion, that they want to give other people a chance. If someone made that decision that it wouldn't be good for them promotion wise, it would be their mananger, Louis Walsh. He's the one who ultimately decides what shows they're going to appear in, and how their promotion should be done. Of course John and Edward help make some decisions, as they don't want to do anything that wouldn't fit their image.

And the reason why you can't compare Elena to them, is because after their first ESC they started working on their international career immidiately. they have been doing tours in sweden and germany, and had concerts in Estonia, Austria & Finland. And even if they didn't do that well this year, they are still working on their international career, as they are going to Germany soon for a concert. Of course their main fouces will always lie on Ireland, as its their home country. But the reason they are still popular in Europe is because they have worked their asses off promotional wise to make it stay that way.
Elena on the other hand, has mostly been focusing on Greece, and put her international career on hold. not until now (7 years after her victory) we have got news about such a career.
And to be honest it's hard to compare them for me as jedward are two young guys, and elena is a woman. young guys are received differently than woman usually (remember how eric saade got popular just after announcing votes?). i doubt that elena fans see elena as jedward fans see john and edward (with exception of elena's male fans of course).
Image
User avatar
Miranda
Paparizoid
Paparizoid
2273

Re: Jedward

Postby Derek » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:20 pm

I don't see why you are comparing Elena with Jedward and their respective careers (even if your assertions are correct). No one did here, I was just telling how even Elena once said that she used to meet important people in music business who told her it was wrong for her to do Eurovision before trying to launch an international career because Eurovision gives bad reputation. The main thing I wanted to point out on this topic is that I find it a bit naive (and it is) to think Jedward stepped aside in order for other artists to get the chance to represent Ireland in ESC. That will be the outcome of their decision to step aside but I doubt it was their goal. Image I'm not trying to say they are bad guys, this is just how things in music business work. Image
User avatar
Derek
General Manager
General Manager
15890
2001
Vrisko to Logo na Zo (2008)
Die For You

Re: Jedward

Postby Miranda » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:42 pm

I know that's how the music industry work. probably it was a decision made by their record label, as you say. sorry if i sounded mad, that wasn't my intention. i actually think you are quite right in what you say! they are not naive, as many that have met has said they have big knowledge about this industry. Image

and about comparing elena with jedward, i shouldn't be comparing them, because they have different careers. thanks for seeing my point anyway! Image
Image
User avatar
Miranda
Paparizoid
Paparizoid
2273

Re: Jedward

Postby Miranda » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:46 pm

Jedward's new single will be 'Luminous' from their latest album Young Love. What do you think about it? I'm curious Image

Image
User avatar
Miranda
Paparizoid
Paparizoid
2273

Re: Jedward

Postby Stormvirvel » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:03 pm

I agree with u guys, but I don't think they really wanted to enter Eurovision again anyways...wish I could ask them lol Image

I luuuv it :D
Not so strange it's the new single though since they choose between Luminous and Young Love as the cd name Image
Not my absolute fav song from Young Love cd though even though I luuv it Image
I want them to have "Happens in the dark" or "Can't forget you" as a single as well Image
Η ζωή είναι τώρα
User avatar
Stormvirvel
Moderator
Moderator
2179
Sweden
1999
Ti Ora Tha Vgoume? (2013)
Soma Ke Pshi

Re: Jedward

Postby Derek » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:30 am

Miranda wrote:I know that's how the music industry work. probably it was a decision made by their record label, as you say. sorry if i sounded mad, that wasn't my intention. i actually think you are quite right in what you say! they are not naive, as many that have met has said they have big knowledge about this industry. Image

and about comparing elena with jedward, i shouldn't be comparing them, because they have different careers. thanks for seeing my point anyway! Image

You too! Image
User avatar
Derek
General Manager
General Manager
15890
2001
Vrisko to Logo na Zo (2008)
Die For You

Re: Jedward

Postby Miranda » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:43 pm

Maybe this is just gossip, but it seems like they want to again. god, they are so confusing sometimes Image



'Popstars Jedward could be returning to the Eurovision next year flying the flag for Germany — as they have been asked to represent a number of other countries.


The pair want to perform at the song contest in 2013 but don’t know if they will make it three in a row for Ireland.


John said: “Germany and all those countries want us to represent them. Loads of countries want us to represent them next year, who knows OK.”


And Edward added: “We are trying to find a way of getting to Eurovision next year.” They travelled to Azerbaijan to take part in this year’s Eurovision and took 19th place on the leaderboard with their song Waterline. Jedward (20) held a singing session for their new album Young Love in Dublin yesterday and are already writing new tracks.


And they have started working with the writer behind Sweden’s winning song Euphoria. John said: “We have our brand-new album out and we are going to start working on brand-new music as well. We are going to write new songs with the guy who wrote Euphoria. He’s really, really cool and we are going to do new TV shows.”


John and Edward supported Westlife at their farewell concert in Croke Park at the weekend. Edward revealed: “It was really emotional. Basically we went to the after-party and everyone was getting pictures with us. We were telling them to get pictures with Westlife and then we realised everyone there was Westlife’s family.”


They were recently in the States recording material for the Late Late Toy Show and also filmed a new music video. The pair hope that their new album goes to number one in the Irish charts, as they have enjoyed a number one after every performance in HMV in Dundrum Town Centre.


John said: “We are here for our third album signing. We are so excited because here in Dundrum, in HMV, is where it all started for me and Edward. We did our very first signing for Under Pressure Ice Ice Baby which was number one in Ireland, Planet Jedward was number one in Ireland and Victory was number one in Ireland. Everytime we do a signing in Dundrum we always end up being number one so hopefully we will be number one,” he added.'



source: http://www.starplus.ie/gossip/jedward-want-eurovision-hat-trick-in-2013/11184/Image
Image
User avatar
Miranda
Paparizoid
Paparizoid
2273

Re: Jedward

Postby Samuel » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:01 pm

Why would Germany like Jedward to compete for them? Image
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou
13269

Re: Jedward

Postby Stormvirvel » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:03 pm

I think Stefan Raab asked them, at least they have said it, don't remember exactly were they said it though listening to so many interwiews with them Image

I dunno why though seems a bit strange to me as well, I think they should represent the UK if they're not representing Ireland Image
Η ζωή είναι τώρα
User avatar
Stormvirvel
Moderator
Moderator
2179
Sweden
1999
Ti Ora Tha Vgoume? (2013)
Soma Ke Pshi

Re: Jedward

Postby Miranda » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:05 pm

You know, Jedward say so much, so sometimes I don't know whether i should take them seriously or not. They like to say the first things that pops up in their mind.

Becca, they say the thing about Stefan Raab in this interview Image

Image
User avatar
Miranda
Paparizoid
Paparizoid
2273

Re: Jedward

Postby Stormvirvel » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:08 pm

Miranda wrote:You know, Jedward say so much, so sometimes I don't know whether i should take them seriously or not. They like to say the first things that pops up in their mind.

Becca, they say the thing about Stefan Raab in this interview Image


yeah agree Image

I just remember it Image I love that interview Image Image
Η ζωή είναι τώρα
User avatar
Stormvirvel
Moderator
Moderator
2179
Sweden
1999
Ti Ora Tha Vgoume? (2013)
Soma Ke Pshi

Re: Jedward

Postby Stormvirvel » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:31 pm

I'm officially in love with "How did you know" it's sooo amazing!!! Image
Η ζωή είναι τώρα
User avatar
Stormvirvel
Moderator
Moderator
2179
Sweden
1999
Ti Ora Tha Vgoume? (2013)
Soma Ke Pshi

Re: Jedward

Postby Samuel » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:45 pm

John Edward wrote:I think Stefan Raab asked them, at least they have said it, don't remember exactly were they said it though listening to so many interwiews with them Image

I dunno why though seems a bit strange to me as well, I think they should represent the UK if they're not representing Ireland Image

Maybe they just said it, I do not think it will happen. Image
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou
13269

Re: Jedward

Postby Miranda » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:45 pm

probably not. but i would be happy to if they went again, that means they would come to stockholm, and i get to meet them Image
Image
User avatar
Miranda
Paparizoid
Paparizoid
2273

Re: Jedward

Postby Matea2306 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:12 pm

Miranda wrote:Jedward's new single will be 'Luminous' from their latest album Young Love. What do you think about it? I'm curious Image


wow I love this one song!! :D ♥
User avatar
Matea2306
Paparicious
Paparicious
505

Re: Jedward

Postby Miranda » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:13 pm

Matea2306 wrote:
Miranda wrote:Jedward's new single will be 'Luminous' from their latest album Young Love. What do you think about it? I'm curious Image


wow I love this one song!! :D ♥

i really love it too Image they will record a video for it soon, can't wait! :D
Image
User avatar
Miranda
Paparizoid
Paparizoid
2273

Re: Jedward

Postby Samuel » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:22 pm

I heard that they was in the TV-show "Big Brother"? Did you fans watch that or? Image
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou
13269

Re: Jedward

Postby Miranda » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:48 pm

Yes, that's true. They were in Celebrity big brother in the uk last year in september. I watched it every day, even though UK is one hour behind in time, so the show always started at 23.00 CET. They placed third in the final Image
Image
User avatar
Miranda
Paparizoid
Paparizoid
2273

Re: Jedward

Postby Stormvirvel » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:38 pm

Miranda wrote:probably not. but i would be happy to if they went again, that means they would come to stockholm, and i get to meet them Image

same here Image I hope they will come here in some way, maybe not as participants, but I still want them to come to ESC Image
Η ζωή είναι τώρα
User avatar
Stormvirvel
Moderator
Moderator
2179
Sweden
1999
Ti Ora Tha Vgoume? (2013)
Soma Ke Pshi
PreviousNext


Return to Music & Singers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron