Uk Fans :) | Paparizou Forum - International Fan Community
Helena Paparizou - Etsi & Etsi
Image Map

Uk Fans :)

New on the board? Say hi and ask what you want to know!

Uk Fans :)

Postby UK_Paparizou » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:23 pm

Hi everyone. I am from Wales in the UK, I been a fan of Helena for about 2 years. I find myself listening to her more than anything else this last few months :). She has such a positive effect on me as I am sure most of you feel the same happy vibe while listening to her or seeing her singing...or just watching her talk on a YouTube interview, although I can not speak Greek (about 3 or 4 words I can manage lol), she is such a joy to watch and always puts me in a good mood. No matter how bad times can be you can always rely on music and Helena's music definitely has a very positive effect on me.

I been trying to start a fan base here in the UK for her, I have an Instagram page "Helena_paparizou_uk" and also recently started a Twitter page "Papaizou_uk". Although it's been slow picking up I have received much support from her wonderful fans and also made some new connections online :).

I really believe her music would be appreciated here in the UK. I wouldn't expect much British people to listen to her Greek songs ,although I prefer to listen to her in Greek, so much better, I do believe that her songs in English would definitely be enjoyed here...Would be my dream to see her perform here in the UK.

I would love to make friends with fans from anywhere in the world but to get fans from the UK and show Helena that she is loved and appreciated here is something I feel part of <3

Love
Geraint
Paparizouing till the end of time
UK_Paparizou
Gigolo
Gigolo
Giro Apo t' Oniro (2010)
Angel

Re: Uk Fans :)

Postby SurvivorFan » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:55 pm

UK_Paparizou wrote:Hi everyone. I am from Wales in the UK, I been a fan of Helena for about 2 years. I find myself listening to her more than anything else this last few months :). She has such a positive effect on me as I am sure most of you feel the same happy vibe while listening to her or seeing her singing...or just watching her talk on a YouTube interview, although I can not speak Greek (about 3 or 4 words I can manage lol), she is such a joy to watch and always puts me in a good mood. No matter how bad times can be you can always rely on music and Helena's music definitely has a very positive effect on me.

I been trying to start a fan base here in the UK for her, I have an Instagram page "Helena_paparizou_uk" and also recently started a Twitter page "Papaizou_uk". Although it's been slow picking up I have received much support from her wonderful fans and also made some new connections online :).

I really believe her music would be appreciated here in the UK. I wouldn't expect much British people to listen to her Greek songs ,although I prefer to listen to her in Greek, so much better, I do believe that her songs in English would definitely be enjoyed here...Would be my dream to see her perform here in the UK.

I would love to make friends with fans from anywhere in the world but to get fans from the UK and show Helena that she is loved and appreciated here is something I feel part of <3

Love
Geraint

First of all. welcome here in our forum. You can find everything you want to learn about our Helena! since her start of her career in 2003 to date! Secondly, I am glad to hear that people around the world trying to create local fanbases for her especially in UK is very important because music has strong roots there.
I remember when i had been in magical London in November 2015 i walked across a chained famous clothing shop and suddenly listened to 'Mambo" playing ! I was so happy! but i guess Great Britainers are not aware of her name unfortunately.

If you wonder about Helena's project in UK below there are some facts:

-2005: Helena traveled to London for first time ( first time* i mean for business reasons) and took a photoshoot for OK! Magazine issue (Greek edition)

-2006: She has been invited as a guest on British National Final of Eurovision

-2013: She performed in London in a special concert for Wines Cypriot Festival

-2014: JD SPORTS PLAYS HELENA IN UK STORES

A song of Helena’s has been heard in JD Sports stores in the UK. The sports retail chain have added ‘Chainsaw’ from Helena’s third English–language album ‘One Life’, to its playlist. This is not the first time retail stores have played Helena’s music. Helena’s 2011 hit ‘Baby It’s Over’ was played worldwide in H&M and ‘Love Me Crazy’ was also played in some markets.

A #PaparizouForumSurvivor who heard ‘Chainsaw’ playing for himself told us more;

“I was walking past one of my local JD Sports stores, there are quite a few here in Nottingham. They are in the centre of the high street and blast the music so you can easily hear it from a distance. I was drawn to the shop as I thought that I recognised the song, only to realise that they were playing Chainsaw. I was in shock, I couldn’t believe it.”

The JD where ‘Chainsaw’ was first heard – Clumber Street, Nottingham.

Although this was heard in Nottingham, UK, if it is on the JD Sports playlist then this means that it will be playing in the 800+ stores countrywide and possibly even further. JD’s parent company, Pentland Brands are responsible for the ownership of major sports clothing brands such as Lacoste and Speedo to name a few. This means that Helena could be playing in other brands owned by Pentland Group.

JD Sports and parent company Pentland Brands have been approached for comment
source: http://paparizouforum.com/paparizouforu ... uk-stores/

...And i hope for more amazing moments for Helena to happen in UK in general !

A greek fan,
Greetings from Greece and welcome once again! (You already followed me on twitter as i saw ;) ) :papa: :biglol:
SurvivorFan
Spamarizou
Spamarizou
One Life (2014)
-

Postby Akos Kirsch » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:19 pm

welcome and have fun! Greetings from Hungary!
Akos Kirsch
King of Elenada
King of Elenada
One Life (2014)
Survivor

Postby Panagiotis » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:03 pm

Welcome here Geraint! Hope you have an amazing time on our boards! :yaaay:
Panagiotis
General Manager
General Manager
Vrisko to Logo na Zo (2008)
One Life

Postby UK_Paparizou » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:19 am

Wow thank you so much for taking the time to post all this, I deeply appreciate your effort :D.
I had no idea about her performing in the UK and JD Sports playing her songs, that's amazing. I wonder if I can request one of her songs be played on local radio, I shall certainly look into doing that :)

SurvivorFan wrote:
UK_Paparizou wrote:Hi everyone. I am from Wales in the UK, I been a fan of Helena for about 2 years. I find myself listening to her more than anything else this last few months :). She has such a positive effect on me as I am sure most of you feel the same happy vibe while listening to her or seeing her singing...or just watching her talk on a YouTube interview, although I can not speak Greek (about 3 or 4 words I can manage lol), she is such a joy to watch and always puts me in a good mood. No matter how bad times can be you can always rely on music and Helena's music definitely has a very positive effect on me.

Love
Geraint

First of all. welcome here in our forum. You can find everything you want to learn about our Helena! since her start of her career in 2003 to date! Secondly, I am glad to hear that people around the world trying to create local fanbases for her especially in UK is very important because music has strong roots there.
I remember when i had been in magical London in November 2015 i walked across a chained famous clothing shop and suddenly listened to 'Mambo" playing ! I was so happy! but i guess Great Britainers are not aware of her name unfortunately.

If you wonder about Helena's project in UK below there are some facts:

-2005: Helena traveled to London for first time ( first time* i mean for business reasons) and took a photoshoot for OK! Magazine issue (Greek edition)

-2006: She has been invited as a guest on British National Final of Eurovision

-2013: She performed in London in a special concert for Wines Cypriot Festival

-2014: JD SPORTS PLAYS HELENA IN UK STORES

A song of Helena’s has been heard in JD Sports stores in the UK. The sports retail chain have added ‘Chainsaw’ from Helena’s third English–language album ‘One Life’, to its playlist. This is not the first time retail stores have played Helena’s music. Helena’s 2011 hit ‘Baby It’s Over’ was played worldwide in H&M and ‘Love Me Crazy’ was also played in some markets.

A #PaparizouForumSurvivor who heard ‘Chainsaw’ playing for himself told us more;

“I was walking past one of my local JD Sports stores, there are quite a few here in Nottingham. They are in the centre of the high street and blast the music so you can easily hear it from a distance. I was drawn to the shop as I thought that I recognised the song, only to realise that they were playing Chainsaw. I was in shock, I couldn’t believe it.”

The JD where ‘Chainsaw’ was first heard – Clumber Street, Nottingham.

Although this was heard in Nottingham, UK, if it is on the JD Sports playlist then this means that it will be playing in the 800+ stores countrywide and possibly even further. JD’s parent company, Pentland Brands are responsible for the ownership of major sports clothing brands such as Lacoste and Speedo to name a few. This means that Helena could be playing in other brands owned by Pentland Group.

JD Sports and parent company Pentland Brands have been approached for comment
source: http://paparizouforum.com/paparizouforu ... uk-stores/

...And i hope for more amazing moments for Helena to happen in UK in general !

A greek fan,
Greetings from Greece and welcome once again! (You already followed me on twitter as i saw ;) ) :papa: :biglol:
UK_Paparizou
Gigolo
Gigolo
Giro Apo t' Oniro (2010)
Angel

Postby Jessica » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:09 pm

Welcome here :)
Jessica
Paparizoid
Paparizoid
Portugal
Giro Apo t' Oniro (2010)
GirnaMeStoXtes

Postby SurvivorFan » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:28 pm

you can use this picture as profile on your social media accounts :P haha
SurvivorFan
Spamarizou
Spamarizou
One Life (2014)
-

Postby UK_Paparizou » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:37 am

I love this thank you lol :). I tried replying yesterday but it kept having an error :P
SurvivorFan wrote:you can use this picture as profile on your social media accounts :P haha
UK_Paparizou
Gigolo
Gigolo
Giro Apo t' Oniro (2010)
Angel

Postby UK_Paparizou » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:37 am

Thank you very much for the welcome :))
Akos Kirsch wrote:welcome and have fun! Greetings from Hungary!
UK_Paparizou
Gigolo
Gigolo
Giro Apo t' Oniro (2010)
Angel

Postby UK_Paparizou » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:46 pm

Thank you Jessica :)
Jessica wrote:Welcome here :)
UK_Paparizou
Gigolo
Gigolo
Giro Apo t' Oniro (2010)
Angel

Postby UK_Paparizou » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:56 am

Thank you once again Panagiotis :). Hope you are having a good weekend :D
Panagiotis wrote:Welcome here Geraint! Hope you have an amazing time on our boards! :yaaay:
UK_Paparizou
Gigolo
Gigolo
Giro Apo t' Oniro (2010)
Angel

Return to Welcome!