Melodifestivalen - General discussion Thread | Paparizou Forum - International Fan Community
Helena Paparizou - Etsi & Etsi
Image Map

Melodifestivalen - General discussion Thread

Get informed about Helena's participation in Melodifestivalen 2014!

abc

Postby Stathis » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:08 pm

Helena Paparizou - Survivor : 9 points
A great choice to start the voting off, Helena hasn't lost any of her stage presence or charisma from 2005! She is still gorgeous, works the crowd and the camera brilliantly and has superb vocals as always. Good use of pyrotechnics - it's just a pity that the crowd was fairly quiet compared to a typical Eurovision crowd. My only reason for not awarding the perfect score - not so sure now on a second viewing but being super picky the song started a little too quietly for me. Even so, this demonstrates how tough the Melodifestivalen process is that Helena was only a distant fourth behind the eventual winner, Sanna Nielsen. If she had been singing for anyone other than Sweden, The Netherlands or Austria I would have predicted a definite ESC Final place and a probable top 5. Even though I agree with the Swedish nation that Sanna was the right choice, Helena can sing for the UK anytime! I digress, a superb first song, how would the rest compare?

www.eurovisionthroughtheages.blogspot.c ... hance.html
Stathis
Paparizoid
Paparizoid
Ti Ora Tha Vgoume? (2013)
Baby its over

Re: Survivor is OGAE Sweden's choice for 2nd chance contest

Postby IinaSurvivor » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:13 am

Stathis wrote:Helena Paparizou - Survivor : 9 points
A great choice to start the voting off, Helena hasn't lost any of her stage presence or charisma from 2005! She is still gorgeous, works the crowd and the camera brilliantly and has superb vocals as always. Good use of pyrotechnics - it's just a pity that the crowd was fairly quiet compared to a typical Eurovision crowd. My only reason for not awarding the perfect score - not so sure now on a second viewing but being super picky the song started a little too quietly for me. Even so, this demonstrates how tough the Melodifestivalen process is that Helena was only a distant fourth behind the eventual winner, Sanna Nielsen. If she had been singing for anyone other than Sweden, The Netherlands or Austria I would have predicted a definite ESC Final place and a probable top 5. Even though I agree with the Swedish nation that Sanna was the right choice, Helena can sing for the UK anytime! I digress, a superb first song, how would the rest compare?

http://www.eurovisionthroughtheages.blo ... hance.html

Woohoo , Helena won that thing! :we1: But i guess that wasn't the real OGAE second chance voting.. Or was it?
Just call me a Survivor, have to be a fighter!
IinaSurvivor
Finland
Vrisko to Logo na Zo (2008)
Ise I Foni

Re: abc

Postby Derek » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:04 pm

Stathis wrote:Helena Paparizou - Survivor : 9 points

http://www.eurovisionthroughtheages.blo ... hance.html

Great review! Spot on.

IinaSurvivor wrote:Woohoo , Helena won that thing! :we1: But i guess that wasn't the real OGAE second chance voting.. Or was it?

She won it? Are you sure? I didn't hear about it.
Derek
General Manager
General Manager
Die For You

Re: Melodifestivalen - General discussion Thread

Postby IinaSurvivor » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:26 pm

Derek I meant she kinda won this thing http://www.eurovisionthroughtheages.blo ... hance.html because she got the most points :D!
Just call me a Survivor, have to be a fighter!
IinaSurvivor
Finland
Ise I Foni

Re: Melodifestivalen - General discussion Thread

Postby Derek » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:51 pm

IinaSurvivor wrote:Derek I meant she kinda won this thing http://www.eurovisionthroughtheages.blo ... hance.html because she got the most points :D!

Ah! That makes sense then! :)
Derek
General Manager
General Manager
Die For You
Previous

Return to Melodifestivalen