#WorldClassHelena - Social Media Project (2014)

Explore our famous projects & Join us in creating new ones!
Paparizou Forum
Paparizouing
Paparizouing

#WorldClassHelena - Social Media Project (2014)

Post by Paparizou Forum »

What's up Survivors ?

#WorldClassHelena is the new interactive project organized by Paparizou Forum! Its objective is to understand what every Survivor considers to be the essence of Helena's career, what every Survivor prefers in her body of work through the years, basically what every Survivor would call a defining moment in Helena's career so far.

#WorldClassHelena is a social media project and the fan favorite material (songs, music videos, pictures, performances, quotes, clippings, etc) as co-determined by all of you will be presented on all of our social media profiles (on a regular basis - perhaps twice or three times a week) with interesting facts and vivid descriptions provided on the attached material whenever needed.

So as you well understand WE WANT YOU ALL TO PARTICIPATE. :D Here's how to go about:

-Post your own #WorldClassHelena moments on your own social media profiles (just make sure you don't forget the hashtag).

-Provide lists of your top favorite songs/music videos/live performances/Helena quotes/etc here (the #WorldClassHelena moments that are commonplace for many Survivors will enter our priority checklist)

-Present your own #WorldClassHelena moment with a short and catchy description and we will quote it on one or more of our social media profiles. You will be credited of course.

-Provide your tips on how to make this project interesting for all of you here

So what are you waiting for? :D
Derek
General Manager
General Manager
Fan Since: 2001
Fav. Album: Greatest Hits & More (2011)
Fav. Song: Die For You

Re: #WorldClassHelena - The new social media project. Take p

Post by Derek »

Music videos: (reasoning in brackets)

- Opa Opa (both versions) [international hit and career defining videos]
- Dinata Dinata [international hit and among the best videos she's ever shot]
- Mera Me Ti Mera [very characteristic late 90s-early 00s video]
- Die For You [ international hit - very international-looking video]
- Follow Me / Follow Me (O,ti Thelis) [international hit - still relevant and a fan favorite even among casual fans]
- Kenourgia Agapi [very "Greek" and non-Greek fans love it as well]
- Moro Mou/ Moro Mou (My Baby) [international hit - nice presence]
- Anapantites Klisis [debut - massive single in Greece - very cool]
- Antithesis [great silhouette and close up shots]
- My Number One [international hit - expensive and glamorous video]
- The Light in Our Soul [international hit - beautiful presence]
- Mambo (various versions) [international hit - very uplifting]
- Iparhi Logos [career defining song in Greece - sleek video]
- Gigolo [big hit in Greece - fan favorite video]
- Mazi Sou [big hit in Greece - romantic video]
- To Fili Tis Zois [big hit in Greece - fan favorite video]
- I Zilia Monaksia [very international-looking - duet with another famous Greek abroad)
- Porta Gia Ton Ourano [big hit in Greece - fan favorite video]
- I Kardia Sou Petra [big hit in Greece - great interpretation]
- Pirotehnimata [big hit in Greece - major fan favorite video]
- An Isouna Agapi [big hit in Greece - great interpretation]
- Girna Me Sto Htes [moderate hit in Greece - has a storyline and Helena is beautiful]
- Baby It's Over [big hit in Greece - had potential internationally]
- Mr Perfect [Helena appears like an international pop star in it]
- All The Time [big hit in Greece - had potential internationally]
- Poso M' Aresi [Helena has the attitude of a great star in it and the explicit content in the video makes it quite unique for Helena's career]
- De Thelo Allon Iroa [song sounds very international and Helena appears like an international star in it even if the video could have been better]
- Don't Hold Back On Love [stunning video - has potential internationally]

The rest of my lists and more tips will come later.
ARTisWonderful
Can Dance The Mambo
Can Dance The Mambo
Fan Since: 2014
Fav. Album: Ouranio Toxo (2017)
Fav. Song: Ena Lepto

Post by ARTisWonderful »

In which social profiles do we have to participate: facebook, twitter or both?
Derek
General Manager
General Manager

Post by Derek »

ARTisWonderful wrote:In which social profiles do we have to participate: facebook, twitter or both?
Facebook, twitter or instagram. Or all 3 of them. ;)
Stormvirvel
Fan Since: 1999
Fav. Album: Ti Ora Tha Vgoume? (2013)
Fav. Song: Soma Ke Pshi

Post by Stormvirvel »

Awesome idea! I'm too tired to post anything now but I'll try to post loads tomorrow and next week for sure :) :winner:
어둠 속 달빛이 길잡이가 되어 줘 ☽
Derek
General Manager
General Manager

Post by Derek »

Linen wrote:Awesome idea! I'm too tired to post anything now but I'll try to post loads tomorrow and next week for sure :) :winner:
Looking forward to them! :)
SurvivorFan
Spamarizou
Spamarizou
Fan Since: 2004
Fav. Album: Apochrosis (2021)
Fav. Song: -

Post by SurvivorFan »

My own #WorldClassHelena

TOP 10 PICTURES (in random order)

TOP 10 QUOTES

“I have come to this world with one and only mission: to give love. Nothing more.” (DownTown June 2010)

She has been thought to search for the truth - honestly, not any of the songs is more like Hele-na”: “I want to be authentic, real, I don’t want to pretend that I am someone else. I wouldn’t feel good if I would do so. Besides I think that this is what we owe to other people who choose us and approve us” (DownTown June 2010)

"I am not pretending on stage, but it is just a role. On stage, I am Paparizou, I am not Elena. I may have been through a difficult day in personal, but at night, Paparizou will eventually save Elena psychological. It is a psychological treatment. I also believe that if I ever feel that my career is declining, it will be Elena that will save Paparizou." (L’Officiel 2009)

“My aunts, my father’s sisters, still live in our village, Mouzaki in Karditsa, and are traditional, wearing black scarfs and clothes and have animals... They make sour milk and I love drinking it right from the plastic bottle they put it in. When I’m there, I’m relaxed with my slippers and I run to see my favorite uncle, my dad’s brother. The first thing that I’ll do is to sit on his knees, although I’m a grown up woman. I’m their little Paparizaki, that’s how they call me... I enjoy these things.” (Life&Style 2010)

“I haven’t moved to other planet just because I won Eurovision. I still face my family’s problems and have to deal with them. The big change in my life came when I realized that nothing really changes, people always feel happy or suffer and it’s normal for every human being.” (Madame Figaro 2005)

"Because I had some success, that doesn't mean that I am a better or worse person. My character did not become golder, the only thing which has changed is that my cabinet was filled with awards and golden CDs. You only need to look at my background, where my parents come from. I am not new rich, ego tripped snob, but there is a whole tram of people behind me who have got a part in my success. The most important thing is to think what you have done so far and what you want to do next."(Close Up 2007)

“I have worked very hard for the last years and have made big steps indeed. But my opinion is that there’s still a long way to go and that I have to do and to learn a lot. I’m not that kind of people who lay down on their success. What counts is to keep on working continuously, to stay above in the long term.” (Neafon 2005)

“I like to cry to feel what laughter means; to hurt to understand how it is to love again; to go hungry to enjoy food...” (Boston on-line 2005)
“Everyone has problems. The rich people have problems; the poor peo-ple have problems... everyone. It’s not true that I don’t have problems because I am an artist. Life is difficult for everyone." (Santorini FM 2008)

“[When I have a day off,] I usually go to the supermarket. I spend a lot of time at the cheese and salami section. Then I have a coffee, go back home and invite my friends for dinner. I cook a big diversity of very delicious meals, because the most I like a table full with all kinds of food and wine, where you can eat and drink till the early morning.” (Madame Figaro 2005)

Helena's passion is cooking, especially Mexican food, and she loves to cook for friends. "Sometimes, when I have worked during the night, I come home and cook, in order to have something for the next day." (Close Up 2007)

__________________________________________________________________________________

TOP 10 MUSIC VIDEOS

1. Baby it's over
2 Pirotehnimata
3. Mambo
4. Gigolo
5. An Ihes Erthis Pio Noris
6. The Light In Our Soul
7. Psahno Tin Alithia
8. My Number One
9. Stin Kardia Mou Mono Thlipsi
10. Treli Kardia

TOP 10 PERFORMANCES

1. My Number One @ Eurovision 2006
2. All The Time @ MAD VMA 2012
3. Teardrops @ Dream Show 2006
4. Baby It's Over @ MADWALK 2011
5. Treli Kardia @ "Arhizei To Party" Tour 2008
6. An Isouna Agapi @ "Fisika Mazi" Tour 2010
7. Zombie @ Mad Secret Concert 2009
8. Popular @ Melodifestivalen 2012
9. Why @ Mad Secret Concert 2005
10. Medley @ Cyprus Music Awards 2007

TOP 10 SINGLES

1. One More Night
2. Baby It's Over
3. Mambo
4. Seven Days
5. Stin Korifi Tou Kosmou
6. To His i den to his
7. Epitelous Moni
8. Anamnisis
9. The Light In Our Soul
10. Dancing Without Music
Last edited by SurvivorFan on Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Derek
General Manager
General Manager

Post by Derek »

Great lists Chris, you must have spent a lot of time compiling them! Thanks for your effort and dedication! :) We'll definitely take your choices into account!!
Akos Kirsch
King of Elenada
King of Elenada
Fan Since: 2006
Fav. Song: Survivor

Post by Akos Kirsch »

so... we have to come up with a list of photos, performances, videos etc. which we think was crucial in her career? sounds like a lot of work :rofl:
when I will have the energy I will take part :yeah:
SurvivorFan
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

Post by SurvivorFan »

You may find strange why i didnt include ESC 2005 winning performance, but i found "My Number One" 2006 better as stage appearance :P
Derek
General Manager
General Manager

Post by Derek »

Akos Kirsch wrote:so... we have to come up with a list of photos, performances, videos etc. which we think was crucial in her career? sounds like a lot of work :rofl:
You don't have to do every single one of these lists, you can do just 1 for a start and it doesn't have to be a top-10 or top-5 list or something concrete and specific. Even suggesting one song/video/performance/photo/quote at a time is enough. Explaining why you chose it and why you think it defines Helena and makes her look/sound like a worldclass star would be advisable, too. :)
Akos Kirsch
King of Elenada
King of Elenada
Fan Since: 2006
Fav. Song: Survivor

Post by Akos Kirsch »

ahhh... okay, I see.
Derek
General Manager
General Manager

Post by Derek »

The project has premiered:
ARTisWonderful
Can Dance The Mambo
Can Dance The Mambo

Post by ARTisWonderful »

Derek wrote:
Akos Kirsch wrote:so... we have to come up with a list of photos, performances, videos etc. which we think was crucial in her career? sounds like a lot of work :rofl:
You don't have to do every single one of these lists, you can do just 1 for a start and it doesn't have to be a top-10 or top-5 list or something concrete and specific. Even suggesting one song/video/performance/photo/quote at a time is enough. Explaining why you chose it and why you think it defines Helena and makes her look/sound like a worldclass star would be advisable, too. :)
I also understood that I should write about all topics from your list. hahahaha I didn't know how I would do it because I haven't seen all her videos yet. I'd rather start with her discography and songs, and I will write about more stuff as the same time as I'm discovering them. :)
Derek
General Manager
General Manager

Post by Derek »

You guys are free to start sharing on social media already...
ARTisWonderful
Can Dance The Mambo
Can Dance The Mambo

Post by ARTisWonderful »

Derek wrote:You guys are free to start sharing on social media already...
OK. I'll start now. :) When you have all replies, what are you going to do with them? Will you publish the most popular songs, videos... in a post of Top #WorldClassHelena by #Survivor's point of view?
Derek
General Manager
General Manager

Post by Derek »

ARTisWonderful wrote:
Derek wrote:You guys are free to start sharing on social media already...
OK. I'll start now. :) When you have all replies, what are you going to do with them? Will you publish the most popular songs, videos... in a post of Top #WorldClassHelena by #Survivor's point of view?
Τhe project is interactive meaning we won't have to wait and gather all responses. We'll be sharing your own #WorldClassHelena choices in real time on our own profiles.
ARTisWonderful
Can Dance The Mambo
Can Dance The Mambo

Post by ARTisWonderful »

‪#‎WorldClassHelena‬
My top 10 songs:
1. One More Night. - It's a powerful ballad and a mature love song.
2. Ti Ora Tha Vgoume? (Τί Ώρα Θα Βγούμε;). - It's a fresh song with a youthful character. It also has an international (maybe Swedish) style.
3. Psahno Tin Alithia (Ψάχνω Την Αλήθεια). - Catchy pop song.
4. Mathe Prota N'Agapas (Μάθε Πρώτα Ν'Αγαπάς) - It is also a powerful ballad and it's written by Helena herself. She can write great songs without working with other songwriters.
5. Oute Ki Esi (Ούτε Κι Εσύ). - It is also a powerful ballad. In my opinion, it perfectly combines a strong chorus which can remind of some international ballads. But it also has a part of the song with typical Greek music when the first chorus ends. I think that it's the perfect equality between international and Greek genres.
6. Iparhi Logos (Υπάρχει Λόγος). - I love this ballad because it reminds me of young Céline Dion when she sang her best ballads. It would suit well in a Céline's album like "The Colour Of Our Love", for example. Here I can see that Helena is a Céline's fan like me.
7. Ise I Foni (Είσαι Η Φωνή). - It's a powerful song and it has a different style compared with other Helena's albums. I don't know what it is, maybe a jazz or an indie sound in the background of the song. It also shows that Greek songs can be modern and not only the typical "sirtaki" or a mixed genre.
8. Panta Se Perimena (Πάντα Σε Περίμενα). - It has a typical Greek sound, and I think that it's good to export typical music to other countries so that they can know our culture a bit more.
9. To Fos Stin Psihi (Το Φως Στήν Ψυχή). - Although it is one of her first songs as a solo artist, it's a catchy pop song that sounds like new. It withstands the pass of the time very well.
10. Heroes. - It has a Spanish style and I'm Spanish, how can't I like it? She supports my country!
I'll write my other #WorldClassHelena 's reviews in other posts. It's enough now. :papa:
SurvivorFan
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

Post by SurvivorFan »

ARTisWonderful wrote:‪#‎WorldClassHelena‬
My top 10 songs:
1. One More Night. - It's a powerful ballad and a mature love song.
2. Ti Ora Tha Vgoume? (Τί Ώρα Θα Βγούμε;). - It's a fresh song with a youthful character. It also has an international (maybe Swedish) style.
3. Psahno Tin Alithia (Ψάχνω Την Αλήθεια). - Catchy pop song.
4. Mathe Prota N'Agapas (Μάθε Πρώτα Ν'Αγαπάς) - It is also a powerful ballad and it's written by Helena herself. She can write great songs without working with other songwriters.
5. Oute Ki Esi (Ούτε Κι Εσύ). - It is also a powerful ballad. In my opinion, it perfectly combines a strong chorus which can remind of some international ballads. But it also has a part of the song with typical Greek music when the first chorus ends. I think that it's the perfect equality between international and Greek genres.
6. Iparhi Logos (Υπάρχει Λόγος). - I love this ballad because it reminds me of young Céline Dion when she sang her best ballads. It would suit well in a Céline's album like "The Colour Of Our Love", for example. Here I can see that Helena is a Céline's fan like me.
7. Ise I Foni (Είσαι Η Φωνή). - It's a powerful song and it has a different style compared with other Helena's albums. I don't know what it is, maybe a jazz or an indie sound in the background of the song. It also shows that Greek songs can be modern and not only the typical "sirtaki" or a mixed genre.
8. Panta Se Perimena (Πάντα Σε Περίμενα). - It has a typical Greek sound, and I think that it's good to export typical music to other countries so that they can know our culture a bit more.
9. To Fos Stin Psihi (Το Φως Στήν Ψυχή). - Although it is one of her first songs as a solo artist, it's a catchy pop song that sounds like new. It withstands the pass of the time very well.
10. Heroes. - It has a Spanish style and I'm Spanish, how can't I like it? She supports my country!
I'll write my other #WorldClassHelena 's reviews in other posts. It's enough now. :papa:
it's also my favourite Helena's track ever. Great list! As i see you prefer Helena in more ballads than dance-pop
ARTisWonderful
Can Dance The Mambo
Can Dance The Mambo

Post by ARTisWonderful »

SurvivorFan wrote: it's also my favourite Helena's track ever. Great list! As i see you prefer Helena in more ballads than dance-pop
Oops! I didn't realized that I chose too many ballads! hahahaha As you know, I'm a Céline Dion's fan, so I am used to listening to ballads more than dance-pop songs. I prefer ballads because they transmit more feelings and I feel more identified. I'm romantic without any solution! :lover:

Return to “💡 Our Projects”