National Palace Of Culture - Bulgaria - 27.05.2018

What is Helena currently busy with? Here you will find all the official news and latest rumours.
Akos Kirsch
King of Elenada
King of Elenada
Fan Since: 2006
Fav. Album: Apochrosis (2021)
Fav. Song: Survivor

Re: National Palace Of Culture - Bulgaria - 27.05.2018

Post by Akos Kirsch »

A shame!!! :frustrated:
I blame the company who was the organizer. A foreign concert depends on them. As I heard they put it on a Sunday for her. That probably didn't help much.
Last edited by Akos Kirsch on Sun May 13, 2018 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stathis
Paparizoid
Paparizoid
Fan Since: 1999
Fav. Song: Baby its over

Post by Stathis »

That’s a pitty
Moldienut
Paparizoid
Paparizoid
Fan Since: 2005
Fav. Album: Greatest Hits & More (2011)
Fav. Song: Louloudia

Post by Moldienut »

What a total bummer about the cancellation. Plus I had a feeling already that was going to happen because of the low ticket sales mainly.
Akos Kirsch
King of Elenada
King of Elenada

Post by Akos Kirsch »

Moldienut wrote:What a total bummer about the cancellation. Plus I had a feeling already that was going to happen because of the low ticket sales mainly.
Don't forget the lack of promotion too which belongs to the responsibility of the organizer company also. No wonder tickets were not sold if not enough people got the information.
Labros!
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

Post by Labros! »

I think there was enough promo actually. There were posters, a TV-Spot, Slavi's Show & The Voice. What else could they do?
NiniaFresa
Media Manager
Media Manager
Fav. Album: Vrisko to Logo na Zo (2008)
Fav. Song: Mazi Sou

Post by NiniaFresa »

Here you can watch an interview Helena gave in Bulgaria: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Translation here:
Spoiler
She was asked about the Voice of Greece and her favorite moment there. She said it was the strong desire of the contestants to be there and even after the show was over she kept helping them. About her childhood picture in Instagram holding the bouzouki she said she remembers well the moment the picture was taken, she found it at her aunt's house but she doesn't play any musical instruments and her instrument is her voice. Then she said about the first time she sang at the age of 9 at a Greek evening school in Sweden when her teacher said "I hear a voice. You! Come here and be the solo act." Later on her life she participated in different hip hop, jazz groups and finally decided to be a pop artist. Was it difficult to have international career singing songs in Greek? There was a producer who loved the Greek language and music and he took the decision. She is still very good friends with him. Swedish people really enjoyed the Opa opa. After Antique came her solo career and Eurovision. Many times after Eurovision she has said no to another participation to the contest but if she ever feels what she felt about My Number One when she first heard it then yes, she would do that again. About her father's loss, she said that it's less painful to accept it when it goes by the line grandparents-parents-herself-her children. And that the parents should never overlive their child. She's blessed having her music to help her in difficult times. About Bulgaria, in 1999 - beginning of 2000 she came as Antique and they had concerts in 3 Bulgarian cities. She loved it. She's very good friends with Slavi and she's also happy to be a guest at The Voice of Bulgaria. The last 18 years she feels like Bulgaria is calling her, she feels very much loved and happy to be there. Her favorite place in BG is a restaurant that Slavi took her to in 2005-2006. She travels all the time around the world and having friends is very important wherever you go. About meeting the princess Victoria and her father the king of Sweden - it was very sweet and very Swedish moment when the kind asked her to give him a hug. Does she dream about having a family? She does have a family of a mother, brother, sister, nephews and nieces, cousins, she's got also her husband. They love to travel a lot and whenever they have time they go to beautiful places together. They also go to cinema, theater, they cook togther and invite friends to come over. No, he's not a musician but an engeneer.Future plans? A tour in Greece during this summer. Before that a few concerts and one of them is in Sofia. After the summer is over she will start preparing herself for the new season of The Voice of Greece. She wishes everyone health and lots of music so they can enjoy life as beautiful as it is.
Akos Kirsch
King of Elenada
King of Elenada

Post by Akos Kirsch »

thanks for the translation Anna! :)
Akos Kirsch
King of Elenada
King of Elenada

Post by Akos Kirsch »

Labros! wrote:I think there was enough promo actually. There were posters, a TV-Spot, Slavi's Show & The Voice. What else could they do?
Well... maybe remove the date from Sunday?? Not a very good date for a concert probably.
Xrictina_HP
Paparicious
Paparicious
Fan Since: 2004
Fav. Album: Ti Ora Tha Vgoume? (2013)
Fav. Song: Pios

Post by Xrictina_HP »

It's impossible to cancel a concert when she continues to do interviews there.
"You're beautiful,but fire"
SurvivorFan
Spamarizou
Spamarizou
Fav. Song: -

Post by SurvivorFan »

10 days left for the concert!
NiniaFresa
Media Manager
Media Manager

Post by NiniaFresa »

Xrictina_HP wrote:It's impossible to cancel a concert when she continues to do interviews there.
She gave the interviews when she went at Slavi's and they broadcast them one by one now. No one knew that the upcoming event could actually not happen. Still no official news of cancellation though
Akos Kirsch
King of Elenada
King of Elenada

Post by Akos Kirsch »

On Instagram I saw that the concert will happen so don't know what to think.
Xrictina_HP
Paparicious
Paparicious
Fav. Album: Ti Ora Tha Vgoume? (2013)
Fav. Song: Pios

Re: National Palace Of Culture - Bulgaria - CANCELLED

Post by Xrictina_HP »

CANCELLED.
"You're beautiful,but fire"
redelvis
Paparicious
Paparicious
Fan Since: 2001
Fav. Album: One Life (2014)
Fav. Song: BIOApohrosis

Post by redelvis »

She needs to record a good English song and be part of European festivals.
Akos Kirsch
King of Elenada
King of Elenada

Post by Akos Kirsch »

Xrictina_HP wrote:CANCELLED.
:( :(
Jessica
Paparizoid
Paparizoid
Fan Since: 2008
Fav. Album: Giro Apo t' Oniro (2010)
Fav. Song: AnMeDisNaKleio

Post by Jessica »

I'll never understand how her team works. Seriously all this "european tour" makes no sense. When you are indeed doing an european tour you need two things: promotion and dates. We've seen none of those. I follow some artists famous in their countries and pretty much unknown everywhere else and they do have some concerts in other countries in small venus where there's a lot of emigrants. That's what Helena should do in my opinion. You can't just expect someone will go to her concert because they remeber her name from eurovision 13 years ago
NiniaFresa
Media Manager
Media Manager

Post by NiniaFresa »

Jessica wrote:I'll never understand how her team works. Seriously all this "european tour" makes no sense. When you are indeed doing an european tour you need two things: promotion and dates. We've seen none of those. I follow some artists famous in their countries and pretty much unknown everywhere else and they do have some concerts in other countries in small venus where there's a lot of emigrants. That's what Helena should do in my opinion. You can't just expect someone will go to her concert because they remeber her name from eurovision 13 years ago

My thoughts exactly! Thank you Jessica! An European tour is what she had back in 2005 as promotion of My Number One. She visited 12 countries and performed the song at various events. 13 years later she's got scheduled only Romania and I strongly doubt it's going to be a concert of herself only but they dare to call it a tour. I did some research and I found out that Galaxias Live Productions organised recently a guest appearance of Antonis Remos at a club in Constantsa, Romania. Remos who's glory goes beyond the borders of the Balkans and everyone knows how big he is, performed at a club. So I don't think that Paparizou has much chances to fill in a hall or a stadium there by herself. And that gig in Moscow she did last week could be anything from a wedding to a graduation or retirement party. During another research I found her name listed in a catalogue of artists that you could book for your private event in Russia. There was very detailed description on the procedure, plus contacts and everything. And there were 2 agencies that could provide her if anyone interested. So most probably that's how she ended singing in Moscow. There was no promotion, no poster, nothing to inform that she would be there before she posted on Facebook. And it was organised by Galaxias. If it was something big or flattering for the artist they would have announced it. I really don't understand why no one puts more effort to make it happen for her. She is worth it the hard work.
dimitra24415
Paparizoued
Paparizoued
Fav. Song: Angel

Post by dimitra24415 »

But guys..who said that Helena will do an European tour this year?Helena just said that she will do a few concerts in abroad(Romania,Bulgaria) before her summer tour in Greece..That's all...No one talked about a tour in Europe.
Akos Kirsch
King of Elenada
King of Elenada

Post by Akos Kirsch »

I think she mentioned it but she probably was meant as it is... a few concerts indeed.
Labros!
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

Post by Labros! »

dimitra24415 wrote:But guys..who said that Helena will do an European tour this year?Helena just said that she will do a few concerts in abroad(Romania,Bulgaria) before her summer tour in Greece..That's all...No one talked about a tour in Europe.
Exactly.

Return to “News”