Spotify Statistics | Paparizou Forum - International Fan Community
Helena Paparizou - Etsi & Etsi
Image Map

Spotify Statistics

Re: Spotify Statistics

Postby Mr. X » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:02 pm

Spotify Spain

Otan Aggeli Klene is on the top 10 of Spotify Spain. But the song only has 1595 plays...

Mr. X
Paparicious
Paparicious
Ti Ora Tha Vgoume? (2013)
Baby its over

Postby SurvivorFan » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:45 pm

Its strange the song hasnt yet been included on Greek top10 and there is on Spanish :-p Spanish are more passionate fans for Helena than Greeks
i believe it :-p Viva los chicos en España!
SurvivorFan
Spamarizou
Spamarizou
One Life (2014)
-

Postby Derek » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:37 pm

SurvivorFan wrote:Its strange the song hasnt yet been included on Greek top10 and there is on Spanish :-p Spanish are more passionate fans for Helena than Greeks

And for some reason her Greek fans don't seem to be choosing spotify to listen to the song. Youtube is probably their choice of service. I use both but I prefer spotify because she and her assistants earn more royalties with every stream and because it's more convenient...
Derek
General Manager
General Manager
Vrisko to Logo na Zo (2008)
Die For You

Postby Mr. X » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:40 pm

Spanish people like "Otan Aggeli Klene"... Spanish Spotify...

Mr. X
Paparicious
Paparicious
Baby its over

Postby Eleni » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:35 pm

Her new songs isn't available on spotify in Sweden. so it's hard to say how it goes for her new songs..
Μετά την χειμωνιά έρχεται πάντα η άνοιξη
Eleni
Can Dance The Mambo
Can Dance The Mambo
Greece & Sweden
Haide

Postby SurvivorFan » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:19 pm

Eleni wrote:Her new songs isn't available on spotify in Sweden. so it's hard to say how it goes for her new songs..

As InaSurvivor said before they re available on Finnish Spotify. Its strange that They re not on Swedish too.
SurvivorFan
Spamarizou
Spamarizou
One Life (2014)
-

Postby Eleni » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:14 pm

SurvivorFan wrote:
Eleni wrote:Her new songs isn't available on spotify in Sweden. so it's hard to say how it goes for her new songs..

As InaSurvivor said before they re available on Finnish Spotify. Its strange that They re not on Swedish too.

We did have access to LTIO until like a week before the remix came
Eleni
Can Dance The Mambo
Can Dance The Mambo
Greece & Sweden
Haide

Postby Rebi-on-the-Roof » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:59 pm

Derek wrote:
SurvivorFan wrote:Its strange the song hasnt yet been included on Greek top10 and there is on Spanish :-p Spanish are more passionate fans for Helena than Greeks

And for some reason her Greek fans don't seem to be choosing spotify to listen to the song. Youtube is probably their choice of service. I use both but I prefer spotify because she and her assistants earn more royalties with every stream and because it's more convenient...

Well as far as I know on spotify you pay monthly for streaming while youtube is free? On youtube the artists are paid by youtube and their commercial adds, on spotify by the general user payments to spotifay, or not?

I have no streaming account either, no need. If I want to have a song, I will buy either the CD or a mp3, I'd never use a paid streaming service.
Rebi-on-the-Roof
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero
Giro Apo t' Oniro (2010)
Proud Mary

Postby Lara » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:45 pm

No Spotify account is for free :) You have to pay when you want use Spotify on mobile phone.
Lara
Paparizoid
Paparizoid
I kardia sou pe

Postby Rebi-on-the-Roof » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:38 am

Lara wrote:No Spotify account is for free :) You have to pay when you want use Spotify on mobile phone.

But there should be many commercial adds and stuff like this if you use the free version? Or probably that's different from country to country,... :biglol: anyway, I prefer to have cds and mp3s...
Rebi-on-the-Roof
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero
Giro Apo t' Oniro (2010)
Proud Mary

Postby Akos Kirsch » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:50 am

I'm also bigger fan of a CD.
Akos Kirsch
King of Elenada
King of Elenada
One Life (2014)
Survivor

Postby Lara » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:14 pm

Rebi-on-the-Roof wrote:
Lara wrote:No Spotify account is for free :) You have to pay when you want use Spotify on mobile phone.

But there should be many commercial adds and stuff like this if you use the free version? Or probably that's different from country to country,... :biglol: anyway, I prefer to have cds and mp3s...

No, I don't think you are bombarded by commercials, you have to listen it from time to time. I don't even have a radio, so I prefer digital files on my iPod and it's impossible to buy Helena's cds here. Import CDs from other countries is too expensive.
Lara
Paparizoid
Paparizoid
I kardia sou pe

Postby Rebi-on-the-Roof » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:43 pm

Lara wrote:
Rebi-on-the-Roof wrote:

No, I don't think you are bombarded by commercials, you have to listen it from time to time. I don't even have a radio, so I prefer digital files on my iPod and it's impossible to buy Helena's cds here. Import CDs from other countries is too expensive.

Strange, from the infos I have there are even commercials after/before every song after a trial period of some months or so. Sure, it is a good option if the cds and mp3 are not available or way too expensive abroad. I usually buy the stuff from ebay or while being in Greece, then it's fine ;-)
Rebi-on-the-Roof
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero
Giro Apo t' Oniro (2010)
Proud Mary

Postby Derek » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:41 am

Rebi-on-the-Roof wrote:Well as far as I know on spotify you pay monthly for streaming while youtube is free? On youtube the artists are paid by youtube and their commercial adds, on spotify by the general user payments to spotifay, or not?

I have no streaming account either, no need. If I want to have a song, I will buy either the CD or a mp3, I'd never use a paid streaming service.

I think the main advantage to a streaming service is that a lot of music becomes instantly available there and it's free for you to play it unlike iTunes where you have to purchase the song and before that you can only play a short preview.
Then as far as youtube being an alternative to iTunes, sometimes artists won't upload their music there or youtube videos can be blocked, etc and most importantly youtube is still a video uploading service and has great disadvantages when you want to play music on your mobile phone (more data for example). And last but not least every view/play doesn't earn the artist and songwriters/producers as many royalties.
I heard youtube will be introducing a streaming service like spotify soon (within the website) but haven't heard anything concrete about it yet.

So streaming services can often be the only way to find a song or an album other than iTunes or torrents. Besides streaming services often suggest artists/albums/songs based on the music you've already played automatically so they can also be useful as new music discovery tools and of course for the playlists you can create or follow by your favorite artists, for the notifications you get once every artist you like has a new single or album out available on spotify, for the music you can discover by people with similar music taste or friends and then you have the radio features (where you can play music based on favourite song/artist/genre/decade/etc). You can also save your favorite albums or songs and create a catalogue just like on itunes, and even add any songs/albums in case they are missing from spotify to play them within the app and not resort to itunes or something. You can also keep an eye on charts based on which songs are most popular or which songs have gone viral in every country, etc...

Rebi-on-the-Roof wrote:
But there should be many commercial adds and stuff like this if you use the free version? Or probably that's different from country to country,...

I am pretty sure they have the same policy in every country. As far as the desktop version of the service is concerned, it currently doesn't allow its free users to play more than a few songs in a row without an ad interrupting the "flow" after the end of one of the songs. And as far as its mobile version is concerned, it won't allow free users to pick the specific song they want to play from an album (they have to play the whole album to get to the song) or shuffle. So being a free user comes with certain disadvantages -both in desktop and mobile mode- that can at times get on your nerves but you still have access to so many tools, features and above all artists' catalogues. With a premium account which in my opinion is worth it (approx. 7€/month in most countries - first month is usually a free trial month) you don't have any of these annoyances and you can even "download" whole albums to your device (mobile/laptop/desktop) for when you go offline or don't have internet access. Of course the songs/albums are only saved inside the app (it's a kind of innovative technology) so you don't really download them but you can play them on the application for as long as you are offline.
Also another thing I've heard is that each stream when you are a premium user earns artists and songwriters even more money.
I think there is more info about how spotify pays right-holders on its website.

However, truth be told, the best time to be on spotify was when Helena was active and she would reach out to the fans via playlists she would follow (from other friends/colleagues) or when she would suggest songs/albums/playlists and share some really lovely words. But regardless of whether Helena is active there or not, it's still an outstanding service (and I think there are other similar ones such as google music, amazon, deezer, napster, rdio but spotify is the most popular one right now) and I don't think you won't have at least some advantages as a listener even without upgrading to a premium (paid) version. If you still haven't used your trial version as a premium user, you could give it a try and then decide for yourself. ;)
Derek
General Manager
General Manager
Die For You

Postby Mr. X » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:00 pm

Otan Aggeli Klene is climbing more in the TOP10 of Spanish Spotify...

Mr. X
Paparicious
Paparicious
Baby its over

Postby Mr. X » Sat May 02, 2015 12:33 pm

Angel is in the TOP 10 of spanish Spotify, but only has 1792 plays...

Mr. X
Paparicious
Paparicious
Baby its over

Postby Eleni » Sat May 02, 2015 9:53 pm

Otan Aggeli Klene is on top 10 of the Swedish spotify...
But there's no trace of Angel on the list yet.. lol
Eleni
Can Dance The Mambo
Can Dance The Mambo
Greece & Sweden
Haide

Postby SurvivorFan » Sun May 03, 2015 11:06 am

Eleni wrote:Image

Otan Aggeli Klene is on top 10 of the Swedish spotify...
But there's no trace of Angel on the list yet.. lol

"Survivor" should be first place instead of "My Number One" but what? :bra:
SurvivorFan
Spamarizou
Spamarizou
One Life (2014)
-

Postby SurvivorFan » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:11 pm

"Fiesta" entered the Spotify Greece TOP10 chart
SurvivorFan
Spamarizou