Suggestions & Report Technical Issues

Haeya! New to the forum? Find here: Forum Updates, FAQs, Rules & Helpful Tips!
Panagiotis
General Manager
General Manager
Fan Since: 2004
Fav. Album: Vrisko to Logo na Zo (2008)
Fav. Song: One Life

Suggestions & Report Technical Issues

Post by Panagiotis »

Please post any technical issues you face on the boards, here.
SurvivorFan
Spamarizou
Spamarizou
Fav. Album: Apochrosis (2021)
Fav. Song: -

Re: Report Technical Issues

Post by SurvivorFan »

When i post a reply, i click on these buttons but they're unactive. What can i do to solve it??

IinaSurvivor
Fan Since: 2013
Fav. Album: Greatest Hits & More (2011)
Fav. Song: Ise I Foni

Post by IinaSurvivor »

SurvivorFan wrote:When i post a reply, i click on these buttons but they're unactive. What can i do to solve it??

I'm having the same problem! Also smileys are not working.
Just call me a Survivor, have to be a fighter!
Panagiotis
General Manager
General Manager

Post by Panagiotis »

This problem is now solved!
Angry Master League Nerd
Paparizoid
Paparizoid
Fan Since: 2006
Fav. Song: Askopa Xenihtia

Post by Angry Master League Nerd »

I can't change my avatar/signature, those options doesn't appear in the user CP
Public Disclaimer wrote:The Best Posts thread is still alive, even Helena herself is contributing!
Come and say hi to us at our Discord server
alene
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero
Fan Since: 2005

Post by alene »

Angry Master League Nerd wrote:I can't change my avatar/signature, those options doesn't appear in the user CP
You actually can, but it's kind of "hidden" (I think it's like that since the new "layout" (or however it is called) was installed. I'll explain you how to do it and I will illustrate it:

- Step 1: Go to User Control Panel.
- Step 2*: Scroll down the bar (pic. 1)**
- Now you will see there are tiny spaces between every tab (pic. 2)
- Step 3: Click the second tab (pic. 3)
- Then you will see the "Edit avatar" option on the left (among others), though it's like every "line" is piled on the other (I don't know how to explain this, but it is not as it used to be).

*Maybe you won't need to do this step. I guess it depends on your screen or maybe the Internet browser you use. I don't really know.
** In order to see the pictures, click on the thumbnail, a new page will open and then, click on the image again to see it in full size.

---

Hope it helps! :papa: :)
Last edited by alene on Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alene
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

Post by alene »

Sorry for the double post, but now I take the oportunity to ask about a problem I've had for some months in the forum: I can't attach any picture. I mean, I can select and upload the image but then I can't attach it to my message(s). Does anybody else know why?
As I said in my previous post, the "tags" or "buttons" are "hidden" (you could see what was written on them before) and can barely use them.
I always connected this problem (as well as the one explained above by Angry Master League Nerd) with the change of the new layout or maybe a new update in the forum, but now I wonder if it has to do with different computers, resolutions, Internet browsers, etc. :confuse:
Thanks in advance! :papa:
SurvivorFan
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

Post by SurvivorFan »

alene wrote:Sorry for the double post, but now I take the oportunity to ask about a problem I've had for some months in the forum: I can't attach any picture. I mean, I can select and upload the image but then I can't attach it to my message(s). Does anybody else know why?
As I said in my previous post, the "tags" or "buttons" are "hidden" (you could see what was written on them before) and can barely use them.
I always connected this problem (as well as the one explained above by Angry Master League Nerd) with the change of the new layout or maybe a new update in the forum, but now I wonder if it has to do with different computers, resolutions, Internet browsers, etc. :confuse:
Thanks in advance! :papa:
Although i have same problem with Angry Master Leauge Nerd, i have no problems with uploading attachment pictures alene. As you can see, almost all of my pictures posts lately have been uploaded from attachement. I guess that all of this minor problems can be solved by Panagiotis moderator. If someone is friend of him on Facebook or other social media, let's inform him.
alene
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

Post by alene »

SurvivorFan wrote:
Although i have same problem with Angry Master Leauge Nerd, i have no problems with uploading attachment pictures alene. As you can see, almost all of my pictures posts lately have been uploaded from attachement. I guess that all of this minor problems can be solved by Panagiotis moderator. If someone is friend of him on Facebook or other social media, let's inform him.
I see, it's ok! Then I guess it's a problem of my own computer or something related to that.
Thanks for your answer :papa:
alene
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

Post by alene »

Hi, guys!

Can you see the embedded videos from YouTube here? I mean, when any of us embed a video here in the forum, we can normally see there's a video, we can see the "box". I see nothing, just a blank space there :/ :confuse:
Does anybody else have the same problem? Does anybody know why this is happening?

Thanks in advance :papa:

Ps. This is an example of what I see:
Attachments
0922097409810.jpg
SurvivorFan
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

Post by SurvivorFan »

alene wrote:Hi, guys!

Can you see the embedded videos from YouTube here? I mean, when any of us embed a video here in the forum, we can normally see there's a video, we can see the "box". I see nothing, just a blank space there :/ :confuse:
Does anybody else have the same problem? Does anybody know why this is happening?

Its because the video owner has deleted them
alene
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

Post by alene »

SurvivorFan wrote:
alene wrote:Hi, guys!

Its because the video owner has deleted them
Really? But it happens in every thread where a video from YouTube is embedded, so it can't be that all videos are deleted, can it?
Anyways, maybe I'll be able to see the content just as suddenly as I couldn't.
Thanks for your help!
SurvivorFan
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

Post by SurvivorFan »

Why cannot i see the full ''Font Colour'' unit? Also, all subjects above each post are cut in half (letters). I use Chrome.
Akos Kirsch
King of Elenada
King of Elenada
Fav. Song: Survivor

Post by Akos Kirsch »

Maybe a Chrome update will help on that. I use Firefox and I see no problem.
Angry Master League Nerd
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

User control panel and login/logout texts are appearing below the blue box where the other fields (home, FAQ, members...) are, being almost unreadable
Public Disclaimer wrote:The Best Posts thread is still alive, even Helena herself is contributing!
ChrisKar
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero
Fav. Album: One Life (2014)
Fav. Song: Mavra Gialia

Post by ChrisKar »

Angry Master League Nerd wrote:User control panel and login/logout texts are appearing below the blue box where the other fields (home, FAQ, members...) are, being almost unreadable
Also, Spotify text line need to be changed
ChrisKar
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero
Fav. Album: One Life (2014)
Fav. Song: Mavra Gialia

Post by ChrisKar »

I notice problems with YouTube videos. They are not being loaded when I use forum via mobile phone
Panagiotis
General Manager
General Manager

Post by Panagiotis »

ChrisKar wrote:I notice problems with YouTube videos. They are not being loaded when I use forum via mobile phone
Fixed: From now on you shall use the full youtube link, and not only the code.

e.g.

Code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5zq-u_-GOk
Please, update any recent posts with youtube videos you 've made at your convenience :papa:
Angry Master League Nerd
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

The font of the forum theme seems to be broken, it seems to not recognize special characters, as you can see in the Spanish and Swedish sections in the main page. Strangely, those problems were not present before the forum's maintenance
Panagiotis
General Manager
General Manager

Post by Panagiotis »

Angry Master League Nerd wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:06 am The font of the forum theme seems to be broken, it seems to not recognize special characters, as you can see in the Spanish and Swedish sections in the main page. Strangely, those problems were not present before the forum's maintenance
Thanks for pointing that out. As you possibly read on the Forum's Facebook group, updating the forum was a long and painful process. I am going to address that in a separate topic, but in brief, we had to undergo a mandatory technical update, since the software we used was outdated, otherwise we wouldn't be able to access or use the forum.

In the process, the technical team (assigned from our hosting service) almost lost all of our database. That means members, topics, posts, media, etc... We managed to restore the database and keep all our content, but the special characters were no longer identified.

So, no, it's not a font-related problem. I will have to restore every piece of broken characters by hand.

Nevertheless, I hope you are enjoying the forum from your mobile devices :papa:

Return to “📢 Announcements & Support”